Re: lp module in Debian 2.2

Hello there,

first, check that the parport and the parport_pc modules are loaded (lsmod
as root, see 'man lsmod'). If not load them (insmod). Perhaps you have to
give the parameters of your parallel port to parport_pc, e.g. issue
something like:
insmod parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7
(change io and irq to the values which are right for your system)
If everything is fine there, the lp-module should load smoothly, e.g.
issue:
insmod lp
If there are error-messages during this process, it would be helpful, if
you could send them to the list.
Regards,
Daniel