Re: Portuguese accentuation

Well, I do Polish, not Portuguese, but here's what I found.
- You need to use the right font, under the console (man setfont) and
under X if you're using X (man xrdb).
- You need to use the right keymap to type the funny letters
(man loadkeys under console, man xmodmap under X)
- Every program you use ("less" and "more" are separate programs) has
to be  taught how to speak  your language. Usually  this means setting
some flag that makes it "8-bit clean", i.e. tells it not to ignore the
8th bit in each funny letter)
- For Portuguese you can probably  use the default X  fonts, that is,
ones ending  in "8859-1". You  just have to  set up a keymap  that can
type the funny letters.

-chris

"princesa, eu quero ser seu príncipe"