Enlightenment Menu System and StarOffice

Hello,
I have been baffled by an odd error as follows: I have Debian 2.2.17 loaded with X Windows and Enlightenment 0.16.3-8 as my primary Window Manager. I also installed StarOffice recently and even tho it will launch from the user accounts xterm prompts, when I create a link in the user_apps.menu files, they will not work. StarOffice is loaded as a network installation and each user account has run the installation to bring the necessary files for their personal settings and such. In user_apps.menu I add a line as follows:

"Star Office 5.2" NULL exec "soffice"

However, it does not show up in the menu sometimes and furthermore, when I place it last in the list, it will appear but does not function.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
--Mark