Re: Firewall, IPMASQ, Debian

At 08:33 PM 9/24/00 -0400, you wrote:

 I'm unable to receive files from ICQ,
Unable to access my gateway(which is the firewall, and my webserver) from
outside of my LAN, using telnet or ssh.
But i'm able to send files over ICQ.

ICQ is a bit like that...  look at any of these sites for ip_masq_icq

    primary:    http://members.xoom.com/djsf/masq-icq/
    alternate:  http://www.chat.ru/~djsf/masq-icq/
                http://djsf.webjump.com/masq-icq/
                http://djsf.tripod.com/masq-icq/

If you're on 2.4.x then its not gonna work. It does work very well with 2.2.17 here

As for the rest of it your firewalling script is probably what needs changing. Generally speaking, any internal machine should be able to do whatever it wants (if you trust your users)

External boxes should only see your firewall.... you cannot ssh straight to an internal machine from outside, unless you either do something tricky with proxies, or configure incoming connections on ppp0 to be portforwarded to the internal IP. Clear as mud? Any other questions - ask.

--
Criggie