Re: Filesystem layout and hi everybody

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 09:49:18PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> and add this to your /etc/apt/apt.conf to make the remount automatic
> when you use apt-get to install or upgrade something:
>
> // Auto re-mounting of a readonly /usr
> Pre-Invoke {"mount -o remount,rw /usr";};
> Post-Invoke {"suidregister";};
> Post-Invoke {"mount -o remount,ro /usr";};
>
> the suidregister thing fixes my customized permissions for
> suidregister unaware packages so the cron job don't complain about
> failing to do so at 6:25.

This posting is rather old, but for completeness:

I needed to put an DPkg:: in front of the lines, to make them work.

DPkg::Pre-Invoke {"mount -o remount,rw /usr";};
DPkg::Post-Invoke {"suidregister";};
DPkg::Post-Invoke {"mount -o remount,ro /usr";};

-ff

--
     Florian Friesdorf <42ff@gmx.net>
OpenPGP key available on public key servers

------> Save the future of Open Source <------
-> Online-Petition against Software Patents <-
------> http://petition.eurolinux.org <-------