Re: Procmail filtering / UNDELIVERABLE EMAIL

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 12:16:36AM -0500, Debian User wrote:
> You needed a .* not just a star and if there might be a > at the end
> stick a ? on the end.  That way it will work whether it's there or not.

it does not appear that you need to do anything about the <>  i never
do and my procmail recipies work fine.

i think its more likely that his .procmailrc is not including his
.procmail/spamrc file correctly.  (i just put all my recipes in ~/.procmailrc)

> I hope anyway.  I'm new at procmail.  Also, mail dirs are to have a /
> at the end to let procmail know that they're mail dirs.  ...maybe you
> even need one on /dev/null/.  I don't think it will hurt anything.

um no.

[eb@socrates eb]$ ls -l /dev/null
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root       1,   3 May 10 00:41 /dev/null
[eb@socrates eb]$

/dev/null is a real file, not a directory, so the following rule is
correct:

:0
* ^From: webmaster@my.netvigator.com
/dev/null