Re: dselect query

You will get this if you install a package and a later Packages.gz
doesn't contain that package.  Several packages were deleted prior to
release because of release-critical bugs that weren't fixed.

If you remove them and the package is no longer available, you won't be
able to reinstall.

You may also get this message if you have installed any Debian
packages (such as self-created packages) which came from some source
other than those in /etc/apt/sources.list.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen