Debian rescue-cd (instead of those spartanic rescue-disk)?

Hello

Last week my system was absolutely unusuable due to some foolish lilo
experiments and I had trouble getting it working right again as I use
reiserfs which is sadly not supported by any rescue disc or installation
CD I have floating around here. The only collegue whom I gave reiserfs,
too sadly had no disc drive and only a CD-ROM.

In this situation I asked myself why there is no proper Debian rescue CD
package available that installes one or better two/three different
kernels and a "live" filesystem in ramdisc which contains enough stuff
to even compile a specific kernel and has all necessary documentation
like the lilo manual etc installed.

I could even think of a ready base system so that you could boot with
this rescue CD, copy it to an empty harddisc and continue installing
Debian with apt (an alternative to the normal Debian CDs for profis).

Any thoughts? Are there rescue-disks (yard, the debian boot-floppies)
which could easily expanded to this setup?
(Else I really play with the thought to make this rescue script
myself, but why reinventing the wheel as there are so many rescue-disks...)

bye,

 -christian-

--
	     Real Users never know what they want,
   but they always know when your program doesn't deliver it.