Re: SmartList: problem subscribing

Yes, I uncommmented the "user = list" line.  I even tried adding "group
= list".

Nothing seems to work.   I've been working under the assumption that the
problem involves file permissions, ownership, or the piping statement in
/etc/aliases.  flist and the procmail link are owned by root:list.
flist is set to execute suid.  /usr/bin/procmail is owned by root:mail

I have also added /var/list/.bin to PATH for root and in /etc/profile.

I've tried having flist and the procmail link owned by list:list.  But
that did not work.  I've experimented with piping statements of "|
/bin/bash exec /var/list/.bin/flist <listname>" and
"| exec /var/list/.bin/flist <listname>".  With the first piping
statement I received a message from mail daemon:  "exec: exec: No such
file or directory ", and with the latter piping statement I received
'"exec" command not found for address_pipe transport'.

Each time I finish a line of investigation, I remove the SmartList
package and reinstall from the .deb file, so that the package is reset
to its default configuration and I am not compounding the problem with
my experimentations.

I would appreciate any further suggestions.

Wade Parker