Re: Apt and NFS?

> W: Not using locking for nfs mounted lock file /var/state/apt/lists/lock
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these missing files

this is nothing you should really care about (it's only a warning, as
far as i can see).
the problem is inherent to the architecture of nfs. it can be worked
around with some magic (i think, lockfile does this), but it's not
trivial.

disclaimer: this may be complete bullshit. :)

regards

Real programmers don't comment their code.
It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
--
Become part of the world's biggest computer cluster -
join http://www.distributed.net/