Re: ripping audio CDs to soundcard

> I posted a question a while back about using the soundcard's D/A instead of
> the one in the CDROM drive. I've since tried cdparanoia and
> cdda2wav. They both work, but  they both spin the hard disk constantly
> when writing  an audio file, even  if the file isn't  being written to
> the hard disk. Anyone know why  they are doing this? What I would like
> is to  read the data from  the CD and  pipe it to my  soundcard's D/A,
> without the hard disk being involved. -chris

this is not tested (no audio cd at hand ...), so it possibly does not
work [as expected]:
cdda2wav -e -H -t1+ /dev/null
the -H switch _might_ be the solution.
or maybe -N? really no idea. just play around with it a bit.

regards

Real programmers don't comment their code.
It was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
--
Become part of the world's biggest computer cluster -
join http://www.distributed.net/