Re: off topic - scsi partitions & swap & raid

At 08:57 AM 9/21/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Now for:
>raid 0 (striping) min drives 2, reads and writes faster, no reduncancy.
>raid 1 min drives 3, 2/3 of your total disk space is available.  Fault
>tolerant.

You mean minimum 2 drives, don't you? And usable space is 1/2? I believe raid 1 is also known as mirroring.

Yup yup - sorry about that...  too much fudging on my part :)

To all the geeks of the list - If you want to go on and do something, learn something new then messing with raid is a good thing to do... install bonnie and raidtools, and decide for yourself whats good and bad about raid.

--
Criggie