FA310TX (tulip) and potato

Hello,

	I have been trying (over the course of the last few days) to perform a
network install of Debian "potato" release on my system which contains a Netgear
FA310TX network card which uses the tulip driver. I have encountered some
serious problems, and am hoping that someone out there can help me.

	Essentially, the tulip module in the drivers set loads fine (as does
every other tulip module I've tried). However, the network card just can't seem
to get a response from any computer inside the local network or outside! The
lights on the hub flash, but there is no response from any of the local
computers during a ping request nor from the DNS server when the install program
attempts to download the base install set.

	I have submitted bug #71986 on this, and also see that what appears to
be the same bug (#66193) is also in the database. I have tried using the tulip
module provided by Netgear as suggested in bug #66193 but this also does not
seem to work.

	So, this is a rather confusing situation and has pushed me to the limits
of my Linux knowledge. Anything anyone knows or would like me to try would be
greatly appreciated, because I want to install Debian more than any other OS
right now, and I would be upset if I had to go to FreeBSD or RedHat, my other,
less favorable choices.

Thanks,
Evan