Re: Off Topic - putty, RH, debian, title changes upon login

> is happening.  Under a friends RH box when I ssh into it from PuTTY it will
> change the titlebar to username@his.domain.com: /directory.  That's very cool,
> however, when I ssh into my debian box it just puts up domain.com - PuTTY.  Does
> anyone know why/how this is happening for the RH box or how I could enable
> this type of behavior for the Debian box?  It's rather handy to have a "short"
> PS1 and have the full path that your in reflected in the titlebar.

It seems like RH sets some kind of environment setting. Although I don't
know which one. What you can do is (I think), try and telnet to that RH
box... then telnet to localhost and press the escape character (probably
control+]), and then type environ list, or some other environ command,
this will tell you what environment setting is made. How you can enable
such stuff, I don't know (when you do, let me know ;).

tia,
	Lennie.