Re: UDMA100 support?

Hi Victor,

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Victor Cassen wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if UDMA100 support is available or will be
> available anytime soon?  I am trying to do an install to such
> a machine.  I found the UDMA66 kernel, but the install
> program (loadlin) complained that no disks were detected.

This most likely because ATA100 support isn't compiled into the
kernel you're using and your harddrive is on the ATA100 bus.
For a short term solution, put the HD on the UDMA66 bus and then
you can install Debian. (I assume that's what you're doing?)

Once that's done you could try to get Andre Hedrick's ATA100
patches, patch your kernel source tree, compile, and install it
(but see below).

[ snip - Running the following hardware: ]
> ASUS A7V socket A KT133 main board

I've heard elsewhere that ATA100 support *may* not work with the
Asus A7V motherboard [Apply grains of salt, I don't have real
info].  If so, then it's a shame, since AMD w/ Asus is such a
popular combo.

Regards,

Joonas Pihlaja