Re: Install KDE2 and remove Gnome?

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Glyn Millington wrote:
> 1. How can I get a minimal KDE2 - which packages do I ned tio
> download for a KDE2 "base"? (If there's a doc. on this please
> point me to it..)  A quick dselect trawl through the package
> lists suggests that there are dozens of KDE packages some of
> which are obviously add-on stuff.

The most basic you can get is:
qt2.2  kdelibs3  kdebase  kdm (optional)
anything else should get pulled in because of dependencies

> 2. What is the best way to dispose of Gnome?
> (It's great software but prefer the KDE "look")

Interesting,
with most comments like this I've seen the reasons are reversed,
but then KDE2 is still beta.

Trying to purge one of the low level Gnome packages will tell you about
everything that depends on it.  I don't know of an easy way.

later,

	Bruce