Install KDE2 and remove Gnome?

Hi!    I want to begin installing KDE2 on my machine; and to
remove as much of Gnome as is possible.  And for things to work
afterwards! So I have two questions....

1. How can I get a minimal KDE2 - which packages do I ned tio
download for a KDE2 "base"? (If there's a doc. on this please
point me to it..)  A quick dselect trawl through the package
lists suggests that there are dozens of KDE packages some of
which are obviously add-on stuff.

2. What is the best way to dispose of Gnome?
(It's great software but prefer the KDE "look")

TIA

Glyn M

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. "  *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *