Re: Checking md5sums

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Michael S. Fischer wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how to use the Debian packaging tools to
> scan a system for changed files based on the md5sums contained in the
> .debs?

I've used a simple for bash, like this:

for F in `ls /var/lib/dpkg/info/*md5sums`; do md5sum -c $F; done

this work for all packages that have a md5sums file in info directory.

BTW, is there a official repository for md5sum files? I asking because
if I get cracked, how can I trust the md5sum files from my machine?

I think it would be good if debian site has a page/link so that we can
dnld all md5sum files from a trusted source and check against our files.

[]s,
Mario O.de Menezes            "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but
    IPEN-CNEN/SP                 is the Lord's purpose that prevails"
http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario                 Prov. 19.21
                   http://www.revistalinux.com.br