Re: 3com 3c509 and the mouse

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 12:05:25PM +0200 or thereabouts, Atila Nemet wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have just installed debian 2.2 and I have a few problems :o)
> First, my mouse does not work. I can not start the X because it
> reports that there is no mouse. In consol mode there is also no mouse.
> Seems to me (a newbee) like the operating system does not even know
> that there is a mouse around. What is the procedure of installing a
> mouse?

check that you have /dev/mouse

2.2 seems not to create it for some reason and if you install X during the 2.2
installation it always defaults to /dev/mouse

if your mouse is a PS/2 type then just link /dev/psaux to /dev/mouse
if your mouse is a serial one on COM1: or COM2: then just link /dev/ttyS0 to
/dev/mouse or /dev/ttyS1 to /dev/mouse respectively

how to link?  as root do "ln -s /dev/psaux /dev/mouse" (without the quotes)

hth
--

Who's watching the watchmen?

ICQ: 15096825