re: Help set up Linksys LNE100TX on Debian 2.2 ?

With the help of the article at linuxnewbie.org ('...make sure you have the correct version of Tulip driver. Linksys is very picky about this'), the source code from scyld, looking through the binary of the driver that shipped with 2.2.17 to find the hard-coded version string, I've determined that my best (only?) chance of getting this card (version 4.1) to work is by recompiling the latest driver.

I've managed to get nearly all the pieces from scyld and linksys, but when I try to compile it complains about /linux/modversions.h missing. I don't have this file (or any of the Linux source), only what was on CD#1. I can't determine even what package this would be in - Debian's search engine is down. Grep'ing contents-i386 as suggested by Debian turns up nothing.

My only communication with this box (until I do get the network card recognized) is via floppy, so I probably couldn't reasonably copy the entire source package over that way even if I had it.

Could I bother someone to email me modversions.h ? Also, if you know that it references other includes, those too please.

Much thanks,