Re: rsync trouble

2 most likely causes from person experience. Either you have run out of
processes. (ulimit -a will show you how many you have available) or you
have run out of rlogin connections on the remote machine edit the
relevant line in the inetd.conf to read nowait.100 rather than nowait
Other biggest chance is you haven't enough memory to mirror the entire
tree in one bite.
Hope one of these helps
Jeff