Re: Debian Menu with Sawfish (Helix)

+ Ian Zimmerman <itz@speakeasy.org>:

> I don't have the potato version of sawfish - the last one I saw was
> still sawmill.  In sawmill the important file which made the menu to
> be read was /usr/share/sawmill/site-init.jl (or maybe it was in a
> subdirectory of that called something like lisp or site-lisp, I don't
> remember exactly).  Where that file reads the menu from must agree
> with the location update-menu creates it (and that is specified in
> /etc/menu-methods/sawmill).

Ok. I checked now the source code of sawfish. Now, I don't know whether
it is a problem of the Helix Debian package or a problem of sawfish
itself:

>From /usr/share/sawfish/0.30.3/lisp/menus.jl:

(defvar apps-menu
  `(("xterm" (system "xterm &"))
    ("Emacs" (system "emacs &"))
    ("Netscape" (system "netscape &"))
    ("The GIMP" (system "gimp &"))
    ("XFIG" (system "xfig &"))
    ("GV" (system "gv &"))
    ("xcalc" (system "xcalc &"))))

This is exactly the displayed menu. Shouldn't it be something dynamicly
loaded code? I will ask in the sawfish mailinglist, too. But could
someone inform me, whether his sawfish like packaged from Helix displays
the Debian Menu?

--
+ mailto:kai.weber@gmx.net + http://www.tu-ilmenau.de/~bond/