Re: Starting KDE2

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Mike wrote:
> Hi everyone,

Hi.

> I managed to get kde2 install but it wont start. I used apt-get to get it so
> it hould be fine, I'm using gdm so i added a menu to that which executed
> startkde but when it starts it sais that it failed interprocess
> networking and that dcopserver isnt running. Konqueror works fine if i

I've been having the same problems.

> run it from inside gnome but i would like to have a play with kde2 so
> has anyone got any ideas?.

No such luck yet. I've tried to compile it from source first, this did not
work either. Although this is not the exact same problem, they fail at
different things, so it seems to me.

I think this means there are dependencies not met, but they are not listed
in the .deb-files. I've not found out which ones yet. I've been very busy
looking at the lists.kde.org and trying things, but it hasn't helped me
yet.

> Thanks

I wish. :)