Re: group 'root' does not exist?!

On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 06:59:41PM -0700, Nate Amsden wrote:
> Christian Pernegger wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I'm playing with customizing PAM at the moment and want
> > to restrict the use of 'su' to members of group 'root'
> > by enabling the feature in /etc/pam.d/su.
>
> you dont need to play with pam to do this. if you want just chmod o-rx
> /bin/su

but that also prevents users from su ing to each other, which may be
something you want, but its nice to have.  (your working with someone
and they find you forgot to make a file group readable/writable,
instead of them needing to logout and let you login, or you running
back to your workstation or a free one, just su user ; chmod ; exit.)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/