Re: in xf86config

Ray Percival wrote:
> What device should I make my mouse? /dev/mouse is not working.

Depends on where your mouse is plugged in.  The /dev/mouse is usually a
symlink to the actual device for the mouse.  For example, on my system I use
a PS2 mouse.  The device for a PS2 mouse is /dev/psaux  And I've set
/dev/mouse to be symlinked to /dev/psaux

Now then, the more common devices for mice are the first few serial ports,
or a PS2 port.  For the serial devices:

M$ Port      Linux device
-------------------------
COM1         /dev/ttyS0
COM2         /dev/ttyS1
COM3         /dev/ttyS2
COM4         /dev/ttyS3

So if you know where the pointer would be found under an M$ system, you
should now be able to find it under Linux.

One more thing to keep in mind is kernel support for the device.  However,
AFAIK all installation kernels contain support for both serial mice as well
as PS2 mice.  So unless you've recompiled your kernel you should be good on
that point.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.