of Xservers and XSetup, of sabotage and kinks...

Hi All -

Just downloaded 2.2 - verrry sweet ftp install! I've run into a small
problem with getting/finding/installing the XServer, though, and was
wondering if someone could help with this.

I did grab the XFree 4.0 stuff, as XF86Setup was quite insistent that I
did not have the "required server" for my Diamond Viper 770. Looked at
the documentation for NVidia, and came out of the 2 hour doc-search no
wiser than before. Again, was surprised to find setup telling me the
required server didn't exist.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance -

Alpha