Re: sendmail and capitol letters

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Wayne Sitton wrote:

> On my email server, any user setup with a capital letter in their
> username cannot recieve mail.  If you try to send to it, you get an
> error that the user does not exist.  Is there a way to fix this, or does
> sendmail/qpopper not allow capital letters in an email address?

If this is really sendmail, then yes, it can be done...

What version of sendmail?
What mailer are you using?

You want to make sure your mailer has the 'u flag:
Mlocal,         P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhnu9, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -a $h -d $u
--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon