Re: Demo Movies

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Sean McIlwain wrote:
> Is there a linux program that will allow a demo to be generated?  For
> example, A tutorial on how to use a program that will produce a movie of a X
> desktop with the correct sequence of commands shown.

Hmmm, not quite what you are asking for, but maybe better in the end.
You could take snapshots of the screen at each step, then use kpresenter
to do a slideshow.  Kpresenter can be had from the unstable distribution
or from kde.tdyc.com (both potato and woody, not sure if there is much
difference between the two yet).

Kpresenter is BETA, but seems to work ok.  It crashed on me when I ran
out of VM, I only had 88M at the time so it wasn't a surprise.  The
way the packages have been split up you should be able to get it running
without installing all of KDE2 (installing "task-koffice" or even just
"kpresenter" should get you everything you need).

later,

	Bruce