Re: horde: install problem

Hello,

This mail is quite some days old, but perhaps someone is still
interested in that issue.

Joel Gautschi <j-freak@space.ch> wrote:

>if i try to install the horde debian package (horde 2:1.2.0-12) for debian
>unstable i get the following warning:
>
>---
>Working, please wait...Checking non-HORDE config files
>      **** WARNING ****
>You stated your using PostgreSQL as a database and
>that it is local yet the install program cannot seem
>to find the config files for it.  The install program
>will NOT confiugre your database for use with HORDE
>and thus will not function properly until you get this
>fixed.
>
>Please press ENTER
>---
>
>press ENTER doesn't work. I have to end with ctrl+c

I had the same problem when installing imp. The reason is that I
have an Apache with mod_ssl running, which prompts for a password
when (re)starting.

The imp pre-install script restarts Apache at this point, and directs
the output to /dev/null . So you have to type your SSL password blind
in order to proceed.

Harald

--
Harald Weidner                   http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/~weidner/

4. Fachtagung Sicherheit in Informationssystemen (SIS 2000) 5./6.10.00
             http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/events/SIS/SIS2000/