Kernel panic; help!

Hi all,

Some days ago I was playing with noflushd/apmd and such things, and I
got a kernel panic. I rebooted. Debian was completly a mess,
complaining about libncurses5 was failing. I need to remove /bin/sh
and link it to ash to be able to boot. Then, I reinstalled libncurses5
and at last I was able to boot. Everything seemed ok... but it wasn't.

I noticed today that all modules of 2.4-test8 disappered, so I needed
to boot with my old 2.2.16 kernel. The system booted properly and I
thank everything was ok. But wrong!

Now, when I'm working with the system (I've noticed that it happens
mainly when I'm doing nothing) it gives me a kernel panic. It tells me
about all registers (as you know) and then I get:
      during idle task
      can't manage swap page
I don't remember properly the exact message but it's something like
this. So I tried with another kernel (thinking 2.2.16 could be
corrupted) and used a 2.2.14 image that I have. Same problem. It
apperes randomly.

I also tried the following, without success:
  swapoff /dev/hda2
  mkswap -c /dev/hda2
  swapon /dev/hda2
thinking that the problem could come with this, but didn't solve it.

I'm thinking that the problem is (maybe) in libc or something.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

PS: I don't need to solve this because I want to reinstall a new
system, but I would like to keep this woody working until I can get my
new linux box perfectly functional and working.

--
Do you really think win is easy to use?

Juli-Manel Merino Vidal <jmmv@mail.com>
    Running Debian GNU/Linux woody