gdi (WinDos-only?) printer

Hi!

I just bought a cheap laser-printer, according to the homepage HP
PCL6-compatible, with it´s own (2 MB) RAM, but now the manual
states: "this is a GDI printer; it cannot be used with UNIX, OS/2,
DOS etc".

I couldn´t find anything useful in the archives (and via altavista),
so I hope anyone can shed a little light on this...and,
hopefully, a way I can use this printer with linux/debian, as a last
resort maybe via smbprint?

TIA,
&rw
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /