Re: Which IMAP and POP3 servers ?

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 12:16:06PM -0400, Bob Billson wrote:

> I do have a question.  What is a good POP server to use with maildir
> mailboxes?  I have few users who want to use POP instead of imap.  Any
> suggestions?

Check out qmail's website at http://www.qmail.org/
There is a default pop server written by the author of qmail. It's very
basic.  Note that the author of qmail, DJB, follows the KISS
principle to the letter. pop3 server only returns the mail. He has
a separate program to evaluate the user and check the password (meaning
you can replace his password checking system with something that
doesn't use the /etc/passwd file, and also do apop), and STILL use
his pop3 server.

--
email: john@fjellstad.org                   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

#####          I'm subscribed to this list, no need to cc:          ######