Re: Internet Cafe

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, ChrisHellberg wrote:

> I want to set up an internet cafe at a hostel and am investigating
> various ways of going about things. I think windows 2000 would be the
<snip>
> down the linux path, what would be the best way to log a workstation out
> when credit expires? I rekon it's a matter of creating a simple TCP/IP
> connection to a  server and listening to logout requests :/

Or keep a local program running to do that, it would seem more usefull to
me.

Or if you buy a (few) really fast server machines, you could run X on that
and have cheapo clients, I would expect it would be more easy to centrally
administer those (could be cheaper too). But then again, I've never tried
that.

just a few thoughts.