RE: fishing hooks

Normally I'd agree - I hate spam as much as anyone - but this was so bizarre
and out of context I thought it was hilarious.  I thought the att must have
been a virus but it was a nice picture of chinese fishing hooks.
Tim (still viciously anti-spam)

	On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 at 12:39:23PM +0800, Pang Li wrote:
	> Dear sir or madame:
	> we are a fishing goods trading company located in China mainland,
our products
	> include
	> Banksticks, Rodrests, Boxes, Baskets, Seats, Floats & Float
accessories,etc,if
	> your want to import these products from China.please feel free to
contact us.

	> Tel:0086-757-6239656
	> Fax:0086-757-6336141
	> E-mail:nhfish@china.com
	> contact person:Pang Li

	This is ridiculous !

	We cannot afford to have our list jammed with all sorts
	of disconcerting advertisments !

	I have written the mail below to Mr Pang Li directly in
	his personal mail. I don't know if it will help.  If we
	stay quiet it will set a bad precedence/ trend. WE NEED
	TO ACT ... and unitedly.

	I suggest that all of shout back at Mr Pang Li, in ones
	own personal capacity (without cc to this list) and jam
	his box so that he does not  repeat this  sort of stunt
	on us or any other list for that matter.

	Any other suggestions ?

	USM Bish

	Dear Mr Li,

	     Ours is a professional list dealing specifically with
	issues relating to Debian Linux. We neither appreciate nor
	encourage anything beyond this scope.

	     We definitely would not like our list  (nor any other
	list for the matter) be used as a venue for advertising ..

	     We request that such posts to our list may  kindly be
	ceased forthwith.

	Dr USM Bish

	Note: Please do NOT reply to this list !