Re: fishing hooks

HI USM Bish!

Have you verified that the ad wasn't paid for? Debian allow it for a fee. I suppose it wasn't paid for, but before implementing policies such as yours, we should at least check with the list owners first. It may also be a good idea to put this url in your message: http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/subscribe

This is an excerpt from that page:

"Mailing list advertising policy
This policy is intended to fight mailing-list "spamming".

The Debian Linux mailing lists accept commercial advertising for payment. We offer a fee waiver if you can show us the canceled check for a $1000 (U.S.) or more donation to "Software in the Public Interest" (SPI). One donation per advertisement, please. If you don't wish to donate, simply post your advertisement to the list, and the operator of the mailing lists will bill you $1999 (U.S). The list operator will donate this amount, minus the expense of collecting it, to SPI. Please note that the lists are distributed automatically - messages are generally not read or checked in any way before they are distributed.

By the act of posting your advertisement you agree to accept responsibility for the fee, you agree to indemnify the mailing-list operator against any legal claims from you or others in connection with your advertisement, and you agree to pay any legal and business expenses incurred in collecting late payment. Our liability to you is limited to a good-faith effort to deliver your message.

Reduced rates and/or waiver of fee are available for Debian-related advertisements. You must consult the mailing-list operator in advance of posting for any reduction or fee waiver."

Cheers,
Jason.