Unidentified subject!

Hello,

I have a postscript figure made with gnuplot. Actually, this is a .eps
file since I have chosen the option "set terminal postscript eps
enhanced" in gnuplot to create the figure.

I want to convert this figure to a pdf figure.
1) However, when I do this with ps2pdf (or convert ...), I get a pdf
figure on a complete A4 page. So, the bounding box information is not
preserved.
2) When I do "convert -verbose fig.eps fig.epdf", the bounding box
information seems to be preserved but something is happening with my
lettertypes. They seem to get fuzzy (I get the impression that they are
being converted to bitmap lettertypes). This does not happen in 1) .

Anybody any ideas to get this good, i.e. a pdf figure with the correct
bounding box and good readable lettertypes !!??

Greetings,

Stefan

                                                          ////
                                                         (. .)
ICN D NC A:                                      SIEMENS ATEA NV
                                                 Atealaan 34
Ir. Stefan Goeman                                B-2200 Herentals
Tel: +32 14 253020                               (Belgium)
e-mail: Stefan.Goeman@siemens.atea.be

P.S.: Linux is great !!