Re: /etc/rc?.d question

> Well, had you done the full RTFM routine (it means read ALL of them until
> you find what you want...)

Point taken.

> see /usr/share/doc/sysvinit.

Thanks very much, that's all I wanted to know.

> So don't get too surprised that someone was a bit harsh in his reply.

Oh, I wasn't. I knew I was posting a newbie question :) I _really_
did not expect him to answer...

> Make sure you read the last paragraph, too.

At least someone admits it's confusing :)

I read the mans of init, inittab & update-rc.d & the section of the policy
manual, where I didn't see an indication of this "exception". I honestly
thought I'd read enough to try the list.

My apologies

Christian