Re: /etc/rc?.d question

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Christian Pernegger wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 11:19:23PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> > There is a README in /etc/init.d for a reason, you know ..
>
> I fully understand that you as the Grand Master of the Debian init system
> might be annoyed by such a question, but why reply, then?

Well, had you done the full RTFM routine (it means read ALL of them until
you find what you want...), you'd have noticed the "for more information,
see /usr/share/doc/sysvinit". So don't get too surprised that someone was a
bit harsh in his reply.

In /usr/share/doc/sysvinit/README.runlevels.gz you'll find what you want,
described step-by-step. Make sure you read the last paragraph, too.

  Henrique Holschuh