Re: installation

I can't say if the A7V and its ata77 controler is supported, because I don't have one. But maybe the fist thing to ask you is are using the special floppies for ata66 systems? Check in the disks-i386 directory for them.

From: George Frederick Viamontes <gviamont@nd.edu>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: installation
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 17:57:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I got a new motherboard (Asus A7V) that has the ultra-ata support on the
motherboard.  I am able to get to the installation screen for debian, but
it does not see that I have a hard drive.  Is there a boot argument I need
to pass so that debian will recognize ultra-ata drives?  Or do I need to
install it with my hard drive plugged into a regular ide socket and then
load some type of module to enable ultra-ata support?

Thanks,
George Viamontes