Re: booting with lilo win2k

On Mon, Sep 11, 2000 at 01:15:55PM -0400, Arcady Genkin wrote:
> Yesterday I had to install Win2000; while I suspected that it would
> overwrite the MBR (where lilo lives), I had a boot floppy ready and
> restored the MBR w/o problems.  However I can't figure out how to
> multiboot into it using LILO as my main boot manager.  Searching the
> web produced some suggestions on adding linux into the W2K's boot
> menu, but I would prefer to stick with lilo all the way.
>
> Adding the following to lilo.conf:
> ,----
> | other = /dev/hda1
> |   label = win

Here's my lilo with debian and win2k

stimpy:/home/jensenb# cat /etc/lilo.conf (apply your information)

lba32

boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/hda2
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/System.map
delay=0
vga=normal

default=Linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.0
   label=Linux
   read-only

other=/dev/hda3  <-- notice hda3, make sure that yours points to the
label=win	     correct partition..ie is win2k really on hda1?

Regards,

Bill