Re: vim + printing = wretched output

William Jensen [jensenb@bodach.com] wrote:
> > Bill
> >
> > Vim supports several options to munge tabs in various ways.  One is
> > "expandtab", which will replace each TAB character with the number of
> > spaces defined by "tabstop".  But this replaces the TAB, which may not
> > be what some people want.
> >
> > See also "softtabstop", which will "simulate" a tabstop setting without
> > actually changing tabstop itself, using a combination of spaces and tabs
> > to generate the indentation.  For instance, if "set softtabstop=4" is
> > used (with tabstop=8), the first indent is 4 spaces, the second a tab,
> > the third a tab and 4 spaces, etc.
> <snip>
>
> Bob,
>
> The softtabstop is exactly what I needed.  I reset the tabstop to 8, set the
> softtabstop to 3 and edited a test file.  When I less or more it it looks the
> same as it does when I'm editing the file.  Thanks a ton for that hint.  Even
> though it took me another hour or so to re-edit my file and fix those tabs it
> is well worth it because I just love vim.  Again, thanks.

Have you tried astyle to do this?

shao.
Shao Zhang - Running Debian 2.1  ___ _               _____
Department of Communications    / __| |_  __ _ ___  |_  / |_  __ _ _ _  __ _
University of New South Wales   \__ \ ' \/ _` / _ \  / /| ' \/ _` | ' \/ _` |
Email: shao@cia.com.au                                                  |___/