Re: security of deb pkg's proftp and sftp

    NA> if you want to keep 'hackers' out, i suggest using it and
    NA> disabling password authentication in SSH and force RSA
    NA> passphrase authentication. of course this requires you have
    NA> knowledgable users(or you tell them how to create passphrases
    NA> and stuff)

Could you explain the steps necessary to do this ? I am running sshd (v1
I think) on my home system (woody) which is on a cable connection. I
would like to able to connect to this home system from work to
periodically check email, etc.

I currently use PuTTY at work for ssh connections. How can I setup
things so that I don't use password authentication ?

Also, will PuTTY work with a SSH v2 server ?

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com

http://www.pathcom.com/~ssahmed
GnuPG Key fingerprint = A6DB 6C85 DE5A 33BB E873  E437 58B2 09CD 977B 900B