Re: two apt-get questions

    >> 2. How do I get apt-get to tell me which version of a package it
    >> would install, without actually installing it, regardless of
    >> the version of the existing package if any?

    Sean> apt-get -s foo bar

Sorry, but it doesn't show the *versions*.  So, that'd be a resounding
No here also.

Too bad, I'd like such an option also... currently you can only check
apt-cache show foo against dpkg -s foo to see whether there's a newer
version.  Ugly and complicated...

Bye, J

--
Jürgen A. Erhard    juergen.erhard@gmx.net   phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326