Re: Free X Server for WinDos

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 06:23:51PM -0400, Jonathan Markevich wrote:

> An older version of MI/X?

[SNIP]

> I haven't had tremendous experience, but StarNet has X-Win32 for sale ($100?)... the
> demo runs for 2 hours, the way I'd use it is definitely under the two hour
> limit.  It is a much nicer display than MI/X anyways.

There's also http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/xfree/, but i'm not sure
how usable it is. Haven't tried it myself, no windows at home and they
bought X-Win32 at work. (BTW, the FAQ may be out of date, recent
messages in the mailing list archives seem to indicate a X-Server is
available).

If anyone gets this working as an X Server, i'd like to hear how well it
works.

> == It's VIRUSES, not VIRII!  See http://language.perl.com/misc/virus.html ==

Well yeah, but it's also "boxes" and not "boxen", "Unixes" instead of
"Unicies", and so on. What's your point? ;)
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/Overgeneralization.html

--
  finger for GPG public key.