Re: DHCP client setup for @Home

    PB>  Bug in pump: unknown to me.  the code is in the executable, but
    PB> it doesn't seem to work.
    PB>
    PB> My experience:
    PB>
    PB> I've tried a couple times to install pump on a SPARC classic,
    PB> and used DHCP to configure the interface.  When it came time to
    PB> install the base system (there's no CD and it's a blank HD) I
    PB> had to use the NFS server's IP number rather than the hostname:
    PB> DNS lookups were failing.
    PB>
    PB> After the system was installed and running, trying to fix
    PB> /etc/resolv.conf showed me the file didn't exist.
    PB>
    PB> pump in potato: I dunno.  Lack of disk space?
    PB>
    >> I plan to reinstall potato on my home system using the boot
    >> floppies over the weekend and will see how well the DHCP
    >> configuration works then.
    PB>  Let me know, you might have better luck on a PC.

I just tried installing Potato using the latest boot floppies (compact
set) and had the same result - pump failed to get configuration info
using DHCP. I ended up statically configuring the ethernet card in my
system using the same values as would/should have been obtained through
DHCP.

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com

http://www.pathcom.com/~ssahmed
GnuPG Key fingerprint = A6DB 6C85 DE5A 33BB E873  E437 58B2 09CD 977B 900B