Re: /etc/rc.boot (new Q: 'outputting' manpage)

On Sat, Sep 09, 2000 at 09:59:55PM +0200, Christoph Groth wrote:
> Sven Burgener <svenb@bluewin.ch> writes:
> > How do I properly print out the contents of a manpage?
> > When I do ":r! man blabla" in vi, I get funny characters at some places.
> > Using man's --ascii option didn't help.

> You can use Emacs (Even if this is hard for vi users ;-) ).  Just type
> M-x man and then write the buffer to a file with C-x w .

Aaargh. This box is a p90 with little RAM. I want no GUI, nothing fancy,
nothing bloaty. ;-)
Besides I never used *Emacs, so that would take me some time to get
into. Also, I like vi and don't need / want anything new now.

> Another way would be to directly use troff/nroff.

Which is how? Never done this so please help me out a little.

Thanks
Sven
--
"We will run this with the same kind of openness we have run Windows,"
                 Steve Ballmer on their .net service