Re: Debian News Group Needed

Hoi Paul, ALL!

  p> I seriously believe that this and other debian lists are far better
  p> managed both by users and debian, using NewsGroups rather than mail
  p> lists.

  Paul> Just use Gnus.  You can filter debian-user mail into a separate
  Paul> spool file and have Gnus read it, and it'll look and behave exactly like
  Paul> a newsgroup.

  Paul> Works great.

You don't need Gnus for this (btw I use Gnus too ;-)), but IMHO more
comfortable to do this w/ formail:

,---- .procmailrc
| :0
| |formail +1 -ds cat >>Mail/spool/deb.user.spool
`----

With this Gnus (or any other MUA) gets "pre-splitted" messages...

--
ignotus
                                                         "Hello," he lied.