Re: Help needed: how to set DefaultColorDepth to 32

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 12:13:24AM -0400, Rubbish5@aol.com wrote:
> Hey, I had the same question... I'm aware of that command (startx -- -bpp
> 32), but I was wondering if there's any file I can edit to automatically
> start up in 32.  Thanks in advance, bye!

Sorry, I didn't read what you were asking for.  For me, using xdm, I go into
/etc/X11/xdm and edit the XServers file.  Inside there is where I specify 32
bit color.  My line looks like this:

:0 local /usr/bin/X11/X vt7 -bpp 32

I would assume gdm has an alternative that would follow this convention.

Regards,

Bill