Re: CD Rom eject problem, Dselect cd-rom option

Can't be sure, but there have been some kernel related problems with
some ATAPI cdrom with kernels > 2.2.14.  While eject still works for me
fine with 2.2.17pre20, cdplay stopped working with a different ioctl
error.

Does the CD drive function normally otherwise? Can you mount cd's, play
cd's, etc... ?  If it's a newish CD-ROM, I'm hazarding to blame the
kernel based on my recent experience.