Re: small problems PS

Rubbish5  <Rubbish5@aol.com> writes:
R5> Another one I forgot: I'm running GNOME with enlightenment, and
R5> when I'm in root, the pager (GNOME's pager, I got rid of
R5> enlightenment's) displays the icons as if they were programs.

Well, there's an easy answer here: don't log in to X as root.  In
particular, don't run large programs and environments with
questionable behaviour, like GNOME and Enlightenment, when you're
root.  Do all of your work as a normal user, and use su or sudo to
occasionally become root when absolutely necessary.

R5> Each of these (the link to home and then 3 urls) are called 'gmc'.
R5> If I close the programs the icons go away.  I was having this
R5> problem under my other user name for a bit, but when I got rid of
R5> e's pager it was randomly fixed.  Thanks for help, bye.

Maybe this is an Enlightenment bug?  It wouldn't be the first.  I like
Sawfish as a window manager these days; it has GNOME support, seems to
be both reasonably featureful and configurable, and doesn't scream
"bloat!" the same way Enlightenment does.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell